Friday, May 04, 2007

Doubts

When patients go from bad to worse, you become more paranoid and doubtful about your abilities as a healer. Mind you, as a healer not as a doctor. A doctor prescribes medicine and hopes that it will work and if not then lets try another.

A healer in my definition is someone who alleviates and cures illnesses, via drugs, herbs, or simply by counselling. I find it more hard to heal than to medicate.

My patient is definitely going down unless we do something drastic. Drastic meaning it may be a bit tricky and has risks involved. But at this point, where I feel that I have done everything within my abilities and powers, I have to be more aggressive and really pro-active in this patient's condition. The patient has already sought so many doctors, posing-to-be doctors, GOD-complexed physician as well as good-hearted healers (only they seem to be fewer in numbers than the aforementioned).

I am now praying that it will work or else, someone will become orphaned and widowed soon.

No comments: