Monday, September 03, 2007

Xanthohumol

An American firm came here to offer the Xanthohumol, Meridium XN. Its active ingredient is extracted from hops flower, which is also the same plant that makes beer. I did make research and apparently it ranks 2nd to quercetin as a flavonoid antioxidant. I'm still looking for articles on the effect of xanthohumol in vivo.
Almost all of the published trials are in vitro. So I'm still looking, but the products seems good. I wonder if it will perform as well as it is touted to be.
Well, there are other sources of xanthohumol like ashitaba plants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found this and other in vivo research about xanthohumol.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=16403733&dopt=Citation
"Here we show for the first time that XN can inhibit growth of a vascular tumor in vivo."

KwakDoc said...

thanks will look into it now