Friday, January 26, 2007

Passed away

I am totally shocked right now, knowing that one of my patients had just passed away. He was just hospitalized for pneumonia but apparently, things got worse than better. I was already looking forward of seeing him again, after his wife called and told me that he was looking to see me too!

His condition was bad, having liver cancer but no metastasis to other organs at that point in time. He was, I would deduce a good chance of surviving for at least 2 years without any pain or complications. Looking back now, I still feel and think of the same assessment. I guess I forgot to include his overall outlook in life. He was a bit bitter and angry for the past events of his life.

We were going to that point of dealing his emotions, but things got worse day by day, to the point that he was hospitalized.

As previously posted, I am really apprehensive of cancer patients going to the hospitals due to the fact that their immune system is totally shot if not non-existent. Definitely, the case here exemplify this scenario AGAIN.


powered by performancing firefox

No comments: