Friday, March 14, 2008

In a jiffy

Last week, I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful and smart lady who unfortunately was diagnosed to have depression.

She graduated from college last year but apparently was already having depression. She was given antidepressants for 6 months but mom noted she was just going "crazier."

I tried to communicate with her, she was either bored or really in a depressed mood, though I do sense she is very smart.

After I tried to pry open her real thoughts and feelings, apparently it boiled down to confusion brought about by the conflicts on her religious beliefs that were inculcated into her during her college days.

So I did Body process, and within 2 minutes, she was already twitching, kicking and arching her back like crazy. The mom who was also there started to cry (dont know why?). In 30 mins, a change started to appear, she started to smile and laugh at the slightest things.

Mom was so happy and commented that it was the first time since last year, she saw her laugh.

I felt humbled that I was given this opportunity to bring this person back to who she really IS.

How can it get better than this?

  

No comments: