Sunday, March 02, 2008

Touching words

I had the pleasure of meeting a 67 year old mother who certainly looked younger than  her age.
She came to me because she had several mass on the pancreas and liver. 
It did looked like she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

The family have decided she not undergo biopsy or chemotherapy, however I asked her one question, which was "what do you want to do?" There was a pause for she hadn't made up her mind whether she wanted to do biopsy or not.

I told her that ultimately it must be your decision she is the master of her life not the family members
eventhough they are just looking out for her.

After we had the discussion on what she can do, while making the decision to do biopsy, she made a remark that really touched me.

She said, "I already feel better just talking to you?"

How can it get better than that?

What are the infinite possibilities for her to be healed of this condition?

No comments: